Monday, May 13, 2013

Dying Easter Eggs!

Greek Easter was just last weekend so on Friday afternoon we dyed our eggs.  This is a favorite activity for my children, especially Leo.  He gets so incredibly excited that I wish I had taken some video of it.  In many of these pictures you can see the pure joy on his face! 

Both the kids have distinctly different approaches to dying eggs.  Leo likes to just let 'em rip and start dropping eggs in all the colors.  Sophia likes to take her time and find the right color, let it soak, make some in multiple color layers, etc.  This was difficult b/c I had to monitor how many eggs each kid had. When Leo ran out of his eggs he resorted to dying the same eggs over and over, and over...and over.  Surprisingly they turned out pretty cool looking!








I found these awesome Q-Tip things filled with color to make fine designs on the eggs and they were awesome!  I will definitely seek them out again next year and probably buy a few packages.  They don't have a ton of dye in each one but they look really neat and both kids enjoyed using them.  Paas makes them for anyone who's interested! ;)








No comments: