Monday, December 24, 2012

Snow Day!

















Aaah, snow!  I personally am not a fan of the snow, but even I will bundle up in all the gear to see the joy on my kids' faces.  And I should note that my very stylish earmuffs once belonged to Shelby.  I actually bought them for her last Christmas and although adorable, I was surprised to know they were also very warm and functional!

 On Wednesday afternoon my mom had stopped by and told the kids it was supposed to start snowing sometime in the next few hours.  Sophia jumped for joy and Leo started yelling, "Santa is coming tonight, Santa is coming tonight!!"  LOL!  After we cleared up the Santa issue, the kids wouldn't stop looking out the windows.  There really wasn't any snow until Thursday morning and when Leo saw it he went running in to wake up his sister.  After traipsing around town trying to find Leo some boots we finally got outside.  They had so much fun and I had to drag them in after an hour.  We have a small slope near our driveway that I piled the snow high and made a little bunny hill.  Sophia was way into that while Leo was mostly into shoveling and putting snow in his dump truck.  They both made snow angels and were bummed it wasn't particularly good snowman snow.  We're hoping for more snow soon, even me so that I feel like those boots I bought will be justified! ;)

No comments: