Thursday, January 6, 2011

15 Month Check Up

Coordinating his balloon to his outfit? He is my child!
using some of his Christmas body paints!

showing home team pride! Go Chiefs!




Leo had his 15 month check up Tuesday and everything went great, as expected! He's growing like a champ and continues to pretty much be off the charts. They don't even give us the percentile ranks anymore! LOL! We love our pediatrician and he really loves our kids, so that helps! I, of course, had some questions about Leo's development since he has yet to use a spoon, wave bye-bye, say more than 3 words consistently, etc. Mostly I really do just think it's his personality. I think he's just too busy to worry about the details, but as a mom, I just want to see him growing in that way too. He can do the things I've listed above, I think, but since they are so few and far between I'm just not sure if it's a choice or because he really can't do it. I know I sound like a broken record with this stuff and most of you think I need to relax, and you're probably right, but I'm a worrier. Anyway, the doctor was not at all worried and laughed out loud when he gave Leo a toy duck and Leo did his happy dance. If you haven't seen the happy dance in person, try and make it happen because it is way cute and would give anyone the giggles, so I guess I do just need to relax!
Leo is 30lbs 12oz and 33" tall.

In other news, Leo did take a trip to the ER last night. He is fine, as expected, but we had to be sure. He took a little tumble and bonked his head pretty hard. He had a huge goose egg pop right up and his little face was a bit blue, so Charlie took him in and although they had to wait absolutely forever to be seen, he was given a clean bill of health. The doctor on duty didn't even feel it was necessary to do any x-rays or scans since Leo passed his head injury "test". We did of course have to wake him up during the night to make sure, but it's worth it to know your baby is okay! He is so busy that sometimes I wonder how he stays intact. He truly is our one man destruction team, but we love him!

No comments: