Monday, June 29, 2009

Just Ducky

That's one cool duck!

Sophia hugged and high-fived McGruff the Crime Dog

Sophia and Daddy watching the Marching Cobras


her first bounce house experience

I accidentally mixed these two up, but you can see my climb and our decent!


sweet kisses


the spot Charlie proposed! Awwwwww!



This weekend we visited the annual Duck Derby. We sponsored six ducks, one in each of our names including Bama, Spud and Walter. If you're unfamiliar, the Duck Derby is held every year and rubber ducks are sold to benefit a children's charity. The ducks are then craned above the creek and released. They have people on wave runners moving them along and the first duck to the finish wins a brand new Harley Davidson! Since ducks don't ride that well, whoever paid for the duck gets to keep the motorcycle. A pretty good deal, too bad we didn't win. :(
Anyway, we had a great time, and it cooled off just a bit, I think it was in the 90s! Sophia experienced her first bounce house and she loved it, of course! It wasn't too busy, so we figured why not...she was a little intimidated and mostly just sat in one place letting the older boys bounce her. We also decided to take her on the giant inflatable slide...uh that wasn't so fun. First of all the thing was totally on fire from sitting in the sun and the "ladder" was a disaster. I made it up by sheer will alone. Once we got to the top, Sophia was terrified and I was so winded I was just happy to sit down! At least it was only a 2 second ride to the bottom! We won't be doing that one again until she's a little older. Meeting McGruff was also a highlight and Sophia thought he was pretty cool. I also got the opportunity to have her fingerprinted and photographed for free so I was pretty happy with that. Finally, we made a nostalgia stop on top of the bridge where Charlie proposed almost 5 years ago. It was pretty sweet to visit that spot again, especially since we had little Sophia and little Spud with us! I love my husband so dearly and being pregnant I can get easily emotional about him! ;)

1 comment:

Carolyn Zook said...

Miss Tori - what in the world would you have done with a motorcycle anyway??! I, for one, am glad you didn't win! "I'm a safety girl!" :)