So, apparently 2 years is too much time in between cleaning out your closets. Who knew?! Since we've been back from California, I have been in major nesting mode cleaning out closets, basements, rooms, and more and it's out of control!! Yet I feel as if I haven't made much progress. I have a HUGE pile of stuff to give away and it's only getting bigger. In a way, it's nice to have the purge, but I am also boggled by the fact that we still have so much stuff that goes unused and even unseen!
We have completely revamped our ideas of where to put Sophia, Baby and various other bits of furniture. We thought we had it all planned out, but once we started really getting to the nitty gritty, we decided we didn't like our plans. So, as it is now, we've decided to keep Sophia in her current room and move the nursery. This did not sound like an ideal plan at first, because, well, why move all that furniture when we have to get new anyway...but I'll get to that! We have also decided to move our computer downstairs into a common area. Not ideal, but we both think it is the best option for us right now. We wanted to get a lap top and wireless connection, but after last week including a brand new roof and gutters (do shingles really cost that much! :0 ) and the prospect of having to get me a new car, we decided that a new computer was out of the question for now. Plus, Charlie is really trying to be diligent about getting some more of those e-bills set up to cut down on our paper intake...way to go green, honey! So that will cut down on our desk clutter which is nice since it will now be out in the open...yikes!
We have also been struggling with the decision of a new crib or a new bed for Sophia and we've decided on a bed. Our consensus seems to be that she will be okay, and everyone will just have to bite the bullet! However, due to the roof, etc. we aren't thrilled with the idea of a brand new bedroom set at this point so we are seriously considering the idea of using a full size bed instead of a twin bed to transition her to because we already have one of those hanging out in our basement fully equipped with a brand new mattress and box spring! Since her current room is bigger, it makes more sense to move that bed in there than to try and squish all kinds of stuff into the small room. Besides, the baby won't really need a bunch of space, but the closet in that room is just awful and not in the best shape to store diapers, etc. that I was accustomed to storing in Sophia's closet. Plus, I kind of wanted to give Sophia new wall decorations and such, not sure what we'll do about that. I may move the pictures b/c they go with the crib set, but I hate to have those pesky holes to fill! Anyway, I digress, my point here is this...If I was nervous about a twin bed I'm equally, if not more, nervous about a full size. Feel free to weigh-in on this matter, as I'm still adjusting to the idea.
As far as Spud, Spud will be happy with whatever it gets! ;) We had a doctor's appointment this week and all is well! Things seem to be going swimmingly in there and I have one more 4-week visit, which includes the dreaded glucose test, and then we move to every 2 weeks...wow, this is really crunch time! As you know, we are scheduled to deliver on September 25, but we now have the surgery time as well: 7:30 am (translation: mommy reports at 5:30), which I suppose is fine since I'll have to kiss my sleep goodbye anyway! We have yet to make exact arrangements for Sophia that week but we've already had volunteers! Hopefully it will work out so that Charlie can stay at the hospital with Baby and me, to get in that quality bonding time, while Sophia gets spoiled by grandmothers and aunties and uncles!
Once my house is less disaster and more put-together (which I really hope is soon!) I will post pictures of our "new" rooms!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Of course, I'll weigh in on this issue. Getting a new crib set would have been a waste of money. Period. When we moved to St. L., we moved Lily straight into a Queen-sized bed because it is also just what we had. It has been great! We have room to read together, and if I need to lay with her for any reason (not feeling well, waking up upset, whatever), I have plenty of room. I think your plan sounds right on. This is a great way for Sophia to stay in a familar environment (not get kicked out of her room by the new little one), yet get to enjoy her new BIG sister status with some big-girl furniture. Sorry about the new roof; that sucks!
Thank you, Kathleen! I think you're right, the more I think about it, it just makes sense. I'm glad to hear it's been so successful with Lily and I feel better already! :)
Post a Comment