Monday, May 25, 2009

Back Home

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: San Diego Vacation
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




We're all back home and together once again! Charlie and I returned last night from San Diego and Sophia was tucked quickly into her very own bed. She spent a crazy 4 days with Bama partying it up and visiting everyone! We spent a nice weekend together, for the first time without Sophia...woo hoo!

Overall, I'd like to say that we had a great trip...who can really complain about three whole days spent, uninteruppted, with your spouse?? NOT ME! However, because well, frankly, I'm me...things could have gone better. The question of the hour..."How long does it take a well educated, fairly intelligent gal to drive 5 miles?" Apparently it takes 4 hours!

Oh, to say the least I got very, very lost all in about a 15 mile radius. Granted, some of that four hours was spent at the rental car facility, where they were extremely slow and not too friendly. But, a large chunk of it was spent driving aimlessly around and reading the map backwards (it's not my fault there's a stupid naval base every 50 yards, a girl can get confused!). I finally called Charlie, a blubbering mess, and he put one of his coworkers on the phone to guide me in the right direction. After finally finding the correct road, it still took me 30 minutes to find the hotel because I went the wrong way again! The only good thing was that the poor little desk attendant felt so bad for the red-eyed pregnant lady that I got our parking comped for the whole weekend. I proceeded to spend $30 in the hotel gift shop on snacks because no restaurants were open and there was no way I was getting back in the blasted car! When Charlie finally arrived I was put back together and determined to not let it get the best of me, or so I though!

I will only say this for the remainder of our weekend...I booked the wrong hotel, or at least not the one I meant to book, so we spent many more hours in the car driving around, but at least we were together! It seemed that one thing after another was not meant to be for us, but the ocean was beautiful and the company was even better! I will say though, that people always comment that San Diego weather is just perfect. It was nice, but really, I'm a girl who just can't get in the ocean when it's below 70! I was contented to walk on the beach and lay (fully clothed) by the pool, though. I managed to read 3 books and didn't have to worry about making dinner or adhereing to anyone's nap time but my own.

Mom and Sophia had a great time. We talked on the phone every day and she was perfectly happy without us. Initially, I was teary eyed on the way out of the house Thursday morning, but to be honest, I could have spent another day in Cali while Charlie was chomping at the bit to get back and see Sophia. He had been there 4 days longer than me, but still...I wasn't ready! :) Of course, being home now I'm happy to have us all together and we've had a nice day realxing around the house. Truthfully, Sophia may have been more excited to see Walter this morning (who was at day care all weekend) b/c she jumped in his bed and cuddled with him first thing this morning! We're both looking forward to this opportunity again, although it probably isn't coming for a long time!

2 comments:

Carolyn Zook said...

You are too darn cute for words! I loved your "Smilebox" photos (and the beach music in the background did not go unnoticed - it made me smile!). Glad you had a good trip!

Jill said...

Fun! I'm glad you had a good trip despite your pregnancy brain! ;) And who would have thought you'd want to stay longer??!!