Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spud Update

I went to the doctor today for my 16 week check-up and all is well. I heard the heart beat today, which we did not get to hear last month because that little baby just would not cooperate! In case you're wondering, this baby has been deemed "Spud" by my brother. While pregnant with Sophia, he called her Tater and let me tell you he sure has kept up that nickname. So, naturally when I got pregnant this time, all of Charlie's family wanted to know right away what this baby was called! Too funny. I'm not sure I love the name Spud, but I can tell you right now my feelings on this matter are not and will not be accounted for!





Next month is our big ultrasound where we'll finally get to see that kid swimming around in there. Technically I have had two other ultrasounds, but the baby was so small it didn't look too much like a baby, this time it surely will! We are opting, once again, to not find out the sex of the baby. I know that this majorly irks some of you faithful readers out there, but too bad! ;) I am also considering keeping the name choices under lock and key as well. After the constant grief I received both last pregnancy and thus far in this pregnancy for some of my choices, I find it may just be better to keep it to ourselves. I haven't made a final decision on this, but it can be frustrating when people constantly give their opinion on this matter, especially when it conflicts with mine. Just something to think about...if I thought it were a bad name I wouldn't be considering using it to name my child...just a note. Charlie and I are fairly agreeable on boy names, however, which is different than last time, while girl names seem to be harder for us this time around. Kathleen's theory behind this is that it will surely be a girl b/c we can't decide on that name, but it was the opposite of that last time, so I'm kind of hoping it will turn out in the favor of a boy because we could use one of those in this family. There are a lot of girl grandchildren! Along that same vein, I totally think it's a girl, which probably means it's a boy. As you may remember I thought Sophia was a boy for almost the entire pregnancy and had convinced myself of it right up until the second she was announced a girl! I think I'm like 0 for 7 on my baby gender guessing!!! So, maybe that's a second sign pointing to a boy, who knows!







Lastly, I'm happy to report that I have yet to break out the stash of maternity clothes! I don't know why I'm so hell-bent on not wearing them, I just am. I think it has to do with the fact that I gained much more weight than I wanted to last time, and I'm really trying not to let that happen again. So, I feel like the longer I put off maternity clothes the more it shows that I'm achieving my goal. I realize this is somewhat warped, but I'm okay with it. I don't weigh myself and I refuse to look at the scale when they weigh me at the office, so I'm going by the feel of things and so far so good. I also worry that once I do start wearing the maternity clothes my will-power will diminish because, well I'm already huge, so what's stopping me now! I will say though, in a final note on this topic, that my pants are getting slowly more uncomfortable each day and by the end of dinner I'm truly feeling the pinch! I see panels in my near future!

4 comments:

Carolyn Zook said...

Can I still call it Baby Mimosa in lieu of Spud until further notice? :) And Tori, even if you gained 5 trillion, billion, million pounds you'd still be one of the most beautiful people around!!! Panel up!

Tori said...

Indeed. Baby Mimosa or Baby Pinecone (Wendy!) is all okay by me!

Bishops' Blog said...

I have had the same issue with names. Although we found out this week we can concentrate on boy names.


Spud would fit right in with my Boomer. :)

Angela Meyer said...

CONGRATULATIONS Tori!!! I'm so happy for you!