Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Teenager?!!!

The birthday girl in her lovely head scarf!

Oh no, she's graduated to the Irene system of candles...a tens column and ones column

Aunt Bess and Shelby

Birthday cake can make you tired...


but then it gives you a sugar high!


Shelby turned 13 years old last week!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I can't believe she's now a teenager. I remember that day 13 years ago living in my freshman dorm and being so sad that I wasn't able to see her. Stacy sent me a video of her and she was just so precious! She is really turning into a lovely young woman and is an absolutely great babysitter so far. We need to get her over here for some real trial-by-fire training so I can get an afternoon to myself! ;)
She now wears make-up, goes to school dances, and has her ears double pierced. Next thing you know, she'll be driving! It's hard to believe that 13 years passed so quickly, it makes me wonder about our years with Sophia, will they too pass this quickly?!

No comments: