Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yes We Did!*

Yes we did, a true and perfect statement. This week our country made history and we were a part of it. I am both proud and humbled by the steps our country has taken this past week and I truly look forward to an Obama presidency and all it has to bring. And in true Tori fashion, I had a bash to welcome the new President-Elect. I must admit, that I was worried it would be much more touch and go than it was. We did have a mixed household, which does make it more fun, but regardless of party affiliation, I think everyone had a great time! I know I did!

*The ideas and comments in this post are not the expressed or written views of all members of the Hirner Household.



Is that one patriotic family or what?!

The buffet table....

a close up of the centerpiece...and yes it was bi-partisan, you just can't see the red elephant on the other side very well. ;)
(and to think that Uptown Bill was mocked in an earlier post...Kathleen!!!)



Sarah and RaeAnn coloring in the states on their map. Yes, I supplied printed outline maps of the US with red and blue crayons for those who wished to follow along.


Notice the coordinating wrist-wear


Is that Tom Selleck? No, it's Ray, our raffle winner. To enter the raffle you had to have been wearing your 'I Voted' sticker. He looks very stylish and patriotic!


Sophia wearing the latest fashion trend while Bama sports her election-day skimmer

2 comments:

Cody Jones said...

hahahaha the last picture is my fav. and YES WE DID!! look like you had fun!

Jill said...

I'm sad that I missed celebrating this moment in history with my Tori! When we reunited at Salty Iguana those many years ago, I was impressed with your political knowledge. Some things never change (and I'm glad)! Looks like a lot of fun...and you had a raffle! How awesome! ;)