Sophia has always loved books but these past two weeks she has taken that love to a whole new level. We have now entered that stage of Toddlerdom where she wants to read the same book over and over, and over and over and over again until her heart's content. I mentioned in a post recently that her favorite book was Who Stole the Cookies, but Go, Dog. Go has always been a close second...and I'm pretty sure it has now taken the lead. I can't even count how many times I've read that book today, let alone all week. She loves it.
Now I was a little naive on this until recently, but apparently there are two Go, Dog. Go versions. She has had the board book version since she was born and then got the full size version for her birthday along with another board book, which was great because then I could keep them all around the house for her reading pleasure, since it was one of the favorites, after all. So I mistakenly thought that the full size was the same as the board book...and oh how mistaken I was. It's great, don't get me wrong, but it is about 37 pages of words, as in more than just the 3-4 words found in the board version. And although my child shows no patience while I'm cooking dinner or on the toilet, you best believe she shows plenty of patience when she wants to sit on my lap and hear all 37 pages of that book about 10 times in a row.
I am thrilled that she is such a happy reader, and I'm sure that this too shall pass, but sometimes I am up to my ears in dogs--literally and figuratively--and just need a break! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A true tale from "How I Keep My Sanity as a Mom": Whenever I had had too much of a particular book, I would actually hide it in the closet and bring it out later. You can always justify it by saying that you want her to be exposed to a wider variety of literature. ;)
Um...I bought your daughter the full length version. You are welcome.
Post a Comment