
Tuesday marked Charlie and my third wonderful year of marriage! Hoorah! It was an exciting day as Grandma B also turned 90 years old and Charlie's sister, Chris, was scheduled to have her new baby born that day....BUT....
Everyone had the FLU...Boooooo! Stinky old flu! Charlie has been in his sick bed since about Friday evening, taking a short break for Grandma's birthday party on Saturday, and returned to it with a high fever and serious cough. I had a short stint of a little bug and all of Charlie's family has since come down with flu symptoms as well! I guess we passed more than cheer at grandma's party, huh?!
So instead of anniversary celebrations, I was busy following my husband around with a can of Lysol and keeping my fingers crossed that Sophia wouldn't take a turn for the worst. Grandma B was also sick and unable to enjoy her day, and Chris had to have her induction rescheduled...UGH! I know she's anxious to get that baby out. The big day is tomorrow, though, so we're all properly excited!
Sophia continues to have bowel issues and the doctor recommended that we avoid dehydration by giving her fiber to "bulk up her poop" and Pedialyte to keep her hydrated. Well, let's see, first off she hates the Pedialyte and refuses to drink it. Second, the fiber isn't bulking up anything, just making it shoot farther and wider than ever before! God help me but I cleaned up the largest poo-plosion (a word I coined myself, but feel free to use it) this side of the Mississippi earlier this morning. Her mood is not affected much, thank goodness, and she hasn't developed a fever, but I think I'll be phoning the doc back tomorrow if things don't change!
I included a pic from our wedding since nobody seems to be too photogenic this week!
Everyone had the FLU...Boooooo! Stinky old flu! Charlie has been in his sick bed since about Friday evening, taking a short break for Grandma's birthday party on Saturday, and returned to it with a high fever and serious cough. I had a short stint of a little bug and all of Charlie's family has since come down with flu symptoms as well! I guess we passed more than cheer at grandma's party, huh?!
So instead of anniversary celebrations, I was busy following my husband around with a can of Lysol and keeping my fingers crossed that Sophia wouldn't take a turn for the worst. Grandma B was also sick and unable to enjoy her day, and Chris had to have her induction rescheduled...UGH! I know she's anxious to get that baby out. The big day is tomorrow, though, so we're all properly excited!
Sophia continues to have bowel issues and the doctor recommended that we avoid dehydration by giving her fiber to "bulk up her poop" and Pedialyte to keep her hydrated. Well, let's see, first off she hates the Pedialyte and refuses to drink it. Second, the fiber isn't bulking up anything, just making it shoot farther and wider than ever before! God help me but I cleaned up the largest poo-plosion (a word I coined myself, but feel free to use it) this side of the Mississippi earlier this morning. Her mood is not affected much, thank goodness, and she hasn't developed a fever, but I think I'll be phoning the doc back tomorrow if things don't change!
I included a pic from our wedding since nobody seems to be too photogenic this week!
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary. You won't forget this one. I have passed the baton, no longer can I say typhoid Molly, instead I now refer to typhoid Charlie! Get well. I am still battling the respiratory virus.
Cathy
Happy anniversary!!! Don't worry, you're still sexy, no matter how sick. (Think Monica from Friends.) I remember you first telling me about this great, crazy guy who gave you his license to practice pharm when you barely knew him! Hopefully, he doesn't remember our first conversation on a certain New Years Eve night! I miss you guys!!
Post a Comment