Friday, November 30, 2007

News from the Doc

Sophia had her 2 month check-up today, a little late, but at least we got there! She is gaining weight very nicely...woo hoo! She's up to 12 lbs 10 oz and I think most of it is in her thighs! She's in about the 80th percentile for her height, weight and head measurements, so that's good.

We also talked to him about her schedule, or lack there of I should say. He gave us some tips to do in the next couple weeks. He also said that if she's not sleeping through the night in about 2 more weeks that I need to let her cry it out. Hmmm, this sounds so good in theory. AND, I know that it is what's best and what will be easiest in the long run, but honestly, I really hope we don't have to get to that point because I'm not sure I'll be so good at listening to the crying without doing the consoling.

She got 4 boosters today too and I was very strong that I didn't cry with Sophia b/c let me tell you that it really did break my heart to see her so upset! She was so serene and playful one minute and then all hell broke loose the second that first needle went in! At least it was quick and I was able to calm her down fairly quickly afterwards.

We rounded out the day by shopping at the Carter's Outlet. I have learned this is a bad place to go, especially with my mother! We found so many irresistible deals, especially with everything between 50-70% off! I went in there for some sleep sacks (the greatest baby invention ever, by the way) and came out with oh, so much more! But I am under the opinion that fashion should be a right and not a privilege, so it's all okay! :)

No comments: