Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Deep Thoughts

So I haven't had a post in a while because I think I'm having a mid-winter breakdown. Oh, that and I also got strep...again. I must say that thankfully (and knock on wood) Sophia seems to have come out of the germ filled month of January virtually unscathed. She does have quite a runny nose and teeny bit of a cough situation, but nothing else. Apparently my particular strain of strep was penicillin resistant so lucky me, I got another prescription of something else. It seems to have worked, but we'll see! In the mean time I needed a post dedicated to the randomness of my brain. I really have to get rid of some of this to move on to more productive posts.

  • Why were there no Girl Scouts at my door this year? Did I not pay in a timely fashion last year? Is it that I look like I need no more cookies? Has there been a ration on chocolate coconutty goodness?
  • It's good that 5K money goes towards charities or I'd be really pissed I missed another one due to sickness.
  • Dr. Phil is my secret (not anymore!) TV trash. All the other trash I watch I'm totally open and honest about, but I've been keeping him hidden. I just want to know how does a man made rich by Oprah slowly transition himself into being the next Maury Povich? He's only a step away from paternity testing, but really, who couldn't stop and watch the good doctor shame a lowly surrogate that kept the baby for herself?!
  • The Academy Awards, although they used to hold a special place in my heart each year, only now make me depressed because I don't have time to see movies, and when I do, I truly can't tolerate anything deeper than The Hangover.
  • Jack Bauer has busted up more terrorist plots than Homeland Security and yet the government still doesn't trust him nor do the bad guys recognize him...curious. Don't worry, Jack, you can shoot my gun anytime!
  • Are there bookies in Vegas that deal in whether or not Punxsutawney Phil will see his shadow?
  • Will I ever sleep again?
  • Who are those women who have children and then are in a bikini the next month? In fact, how does any mother find the time to work out? With one child, pretty easy...two children...let's just say that I'm still in my big girl pants! GRRRR!
  • Cookies bring me joy...hmmm, maybe I should refer back one statement? ;)
  • Will my hair ever stop falling out? Hormones are a bitch. Or, wait...is it they that make me a bitch?

Ahhhh, and such a more perfect ending couldn't be had.

2 comments:

Carolyn Zook said...

You are amazing! I love your silly randomness. I'm getting four boxes of Girl Scout cookies - I'll send you half when they come in! (Um, two boxes, not as in I'll open each of the boxes, take out half of the cookies and then send them to you...)

Anonymous said...

ARGGGG!!!! THOSE COOKIES!!!! Maddie is a Daisey Scout and had to sell those things. Let's just say my freezer will be full next week...cookies and milk...breastmilk
Mary