Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back in One Piece...Mostly!

So Sophia and I arrived back home from our week long vacation in Seattle! We are home and tired, and at least she's back on schedule! I mean, seriously...I have an amazing child. We took a flight out of KC that left at her bedtime and as planned, she slept the entire flight. When we arrived in Seattle she awoke and entertained herself through the airport, on the way home and while we set up her crib. She went right back to sleep and slept her way into the new time zone. Gotta love it.

The way home was just about as good. She only slept for about an hour, but it was the middle of the afternoon, so I can't ask too much! We read books, ate snacks and sang songs for the other 3 hours, which was tiring, but not as bad as I expected. She was really in good spirits, despite her injury...

So let me preface this by saying it is REALLY hard to entertain a toddler by yourself, in an airport, while schlepping around a boat load of stuff!!! That being said, I guess I have to make some smarter choices from now on! ;) So here's what happened; while playing in the airport upon our departure from Seattle I was hoping to entertain Sophia by swinging her by her hands. Well....not such a good idea I guess. Long story short...there was a small cracking sound, a little crying and no moving of her left arm the entire flight. So, there I was at 30,000 feet with nothing to do but fret! As soon as we landed I freaked out to Charlie and made him drive us straight to the ER. In a nutshell, she probably popped it out of socket and put it back in while waiting in the very busy Children's Mercy waiting room. When she started putting weight on it and sucking her thumb again, we bailed! It's been perfect ever since and I learned my lesson about the whole 'swinging' thing! ;)

Once we got home, she ate some dinner and since she'd only napped an hour, was pretty much ready to go to bed at her normal KC time, so there ya have it! Overall, we had a great time filled with lots of playing and family and I will most definitely post pictures soon!

1 comment:

Carolyn Zook said...

Yay! Glad you made it home safely and sorry to hear about the "injury" but glad things are all fine now! Welcome back!