Monday, June 9, 2008

Celebrating Babies!

I hosted a twins shower for Jill this weekend and it went smashingly! My theme was children's literature, so teachery, I know, and I think it was a hit! I am a girl who appreciates a theme, so all our games and prizes coincided too! It was so much fun and all her family and friends are thrilled and anxious about the arrival of her two bundles of joy! Jill is looking and feeling great and hoping to make it a few more months until August!
Charlie and Sophia went about town and visited friends while Walter went to Doggy Day Care, leaving us to have fun, munch on food, and open presents! Luckily the kids were gone because honestly, they both would have been quite a helper getting right in there with tissue paper and tape!
Sophia gladly helped decorate by arranging the balloons

The diaper cake that mom and I made for the Mom-to-Be, complete with 70 newborn diapers, which may get used in the first day alone...ha ha!



Sophia did get some cuddle time with auntie Jill after returning home, but was much more interested in playing with her baubles! Who can blame a girl who loves jewelry!?

Sophia and I finished up our day by playing and having fun while Daddy and Walt took a much needed rest after a busy day!

1 comment:

Jill said...

So cute! I love all your pictures! I'll be writing about the shower on my blog shortly - it was a success for sure! You're the best! :)