Well we finally found a food she doesn't like. Sophia has pretty much taken right to every food we've given her, with the exception of peas, so I was quite confident that she would love avocados and eat them up! Ha! No such luck. She gagged on the first few spoonfuls and I was mixing the spoons up between avocados, oatmeal, and carrots. Well, she tried to tell me with the gagging, but I just didn't listen because a few more spoonfuls in and everything came right back out, with forceful vengeance. Needless to say, we stopped avocado and put in on the shelf, so to speak, for a couple more weeks yet.
She also tried bananas yesterday and received them with only a luke-warm attitude. This morning however, she was much more receptive to them and ate the entire section that I had smushed up for her. I will be moving on to pumpkin soon and even bought some nice fresh green beans from the farmers market for my first attempt at purees.
On the mobile front, she's still working at it. She hasn't made much progress besides lunging forward and sometimes getting on her knees. If there's something that she really wants (Walter, remote control or telephone) then she will work hard at getting it and will sometimes scoot, but I think crawling is still a couple weeks off.
Her new favorite toys are the Johnny Jumper and a plastic giraffe made for Fisher-Price peek-a-bo blocks. She thinks the blocks are okay, but is seriously in love with the giraffe. As the weather becomes nicer she still enjoys the walks outside and really loved being in the yard with Walter tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment