Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Maxin' and Relaxin'


Dog pile on Favorite Uncle Stacy (the name he gave himself) and Shelby!




Sophia is such a good baby. She is content most of the time and she is still a pretty good eater. The schedule continues to work out and she is still sleeping 8-9 hours per night. We love to play and sing songs all day. We also recently started reading books. I absolutely love to take her picture when she's naked or semi-naked as above. I am probably totally starting a bad habit, but we hang out many morning in our underwear before we get ready and leave the house. We cuddle, talk, and nap this way, it's very much fun!



I am still attempting to "nurse" via the pump, but my days are numbered. My milk supply has been steadily decreasing and I'm still not really sure why. I now only pump at every other feeding because I get so little and it kinda hurts. Logically speaking I should probably just give it up all together. She's only getting about 2 bottles of milk each day and the rest is formula. I'm thankful that she is not picky (yet, anyway) about what kind of milk or formula she gets. We've been switching up her formula due to the sample packs we got in the mail and I just recently had to buy our first can (grrrrr! it's so expensive!).



I am still dealing with a lot of that guilt stuff that I discussed in my much earlier posts. I know in my head that I have nothing to feel bad about and that I've stuck with it for as long as humanly possible, literally! But even though she isn't nursing directly from me, it's still a bond that I'd have to break. I feel good about being able to supply her with food and nutrients and it's sad to think of being without that. Besides the fact that some days my 15 minutes of pumping is the only time I get to myself! I did get some advice however that was to let my milk run dry is much better than just stopping. I can believe that, however at this stage, I don't think there's much difference. Because I have so little milk I think I would only have mild discomfort and it would probably dissipate within a day or two.



I'll keep you abreast of my decision (ha!) and if anyone has any advice on formulas let me know!

No comments: