Sunday, January 20, 2008

Brrrrrr!


Even Walter likes to spend time reading!


Due to the frigid temperatures of late, we have been spending lots of time indoors. One of Sophia's favorite indoor activities is reading. Today I read her a book and when we finished, she cried. So, I read another, and another, and another! She is generally just riveted and looks at all the pictures as I read and turn the pages! Hopefully this baby will take after those of us who love reading! Aunt Cathy got her two books for Christmas that we just adore, Go Dog Go being one of the favorites. Aunt Ellyn sent some books too that have a few too many words yet, but we love looking at the pictures. Plus, one of those books was my dad's favorite story growing up so Sophia really has a special treat waiting for her! Yesterday on a shopping trip with Pam I picked up three great books at Gordman's all for $0.99 each...love a bargain! I realized I should really hit up more close-out type stores because they have new things for great prices!





Well, on another note, I have officially stopped the pumping. I had a mini-breakdown about it yesterday and did cry, but I'm doing better today. I realized that it was time when it was taking more than a day just to get one bottle's worth of milk. So, I have a small stash in the freezer that we're going to use up and then it's going to have to be 100% formula. I feel good that I went as long as possible and there really wasn't much else I could do to help stimulate my supply, I tried many things, but I still feel sad. I really shouldn't worry, Charlie and I were both formula fed and I've talked to a few moms recently who have always done formula, and by the looks of her, my child is not malnourished! :) I suppose it is just another example of how things change when your child actually arrives, nothing ever really does goes as planned, does it!





Sophia has her 4 month doctor's visit on Tuesday, so I'll post again soon with updates from the doc! I can't believe she's already four months old...oh how time flies!

No comments: